About Dr Rose
Life’s Journey Center has carefully chosen a remarkable, nationally recognized team of professionals. The clinical interdisciplinary team specializes in the process of recovery and relapse prevention. The compassionate and sensitive team of professionals includes a medical director along with our consulting psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, counselors, nutritionist, massage, yoga and fitness trainer. Our professional staff is certified and trained in chemical dependence, cross addiction, gambling and relapse prevention. The ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) criteria is used for treatment levels of care.
Dr. Rose Swearingen PhD is a well known professional specializing in addictive disorders and behavioral science that drives the addiction. She is the Founder and Executive Director of Life’s Journey Center, Inc. In Palm Springs, CA., a facility that was launched in 1996. She has also authored the book: Life’s Journey – making sobriety a way of life, a positive affirmation book that is designed to help individuals in their recovery process while enlightening their loved ones about the challenges in recovery. Dr. Rose is the honorable recipient of the 2012 Indian Wells Athena Award for Professional Excellence.
She currently provides awareness, education and prevention on alcohol and drug addiction, co-occurring disorders and family reunification to the community via Telemundo News Cast, Channel 15 weekly in Spanish. Dr. Rose is a member of the Indians Wells Chamber of Commerce serving the community where she lives. Dr. Rose’s weekly visits to those in elder care provide love and encouragement. She extends her expertise to a wider audience through her seat on the committee for the International World Council for NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals.
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS:
Betty Ford Center Drug and Alcohol Counselor – 1986-1996, ten year tenure
Riverside County Department of Social Services – 1969-1986, sixteen years
MEMBERSHIPS & ADVISORY POSITIONS:
- NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals
- International World Council for NAADAC – Committee Member
- Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Ladies Auxiliary of the first Fraternal Order of Police in the Desert – Board Member
- 2012 – Athena Award 2012 for Professional Excellence from the City of Indian Wells.
- 2007: College of the Desert “Outstanding Alumni Award” at a National and International level
- 2005: 9th annual International Hispanic Awards “Self Enlightenment Mentor Award” – El Sol Azteca
- 2003: “Martin Martinez Humanitarian Award” from the Heritage Awards and Scholarship Gala Coachella Valley Mexican American Chamber of Commerce.
Featured as a professional in the Joan Lunden Television Special
“Behind Closed Doors” at the Betty Ford Center
A&E Television Special – Intervention at Life’s Journey Center
Gone too Far with DJAM – At Life’s Journey Center